Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big brother.

I only have eyes for you.

Curly Joe has a new brother. Yesterday, my sister adopted a dog. His name is Jackson, and he is a 5 year old Mastiff/Shep mix. He had surgery in January and will probably need another in a couple of years, but he is a very sweet, mild-mannered dog. Tank and Curly loved him immediately, but it took him a few minutes to get used to them, Curly Joe in particular. This morning, they were all playing in the yard together, so we have hope that it won't be long before they're all BFFs. The best part is, Tank is happier than I've seen him in almost three years, since before Luke died. I know he likes having Curly Joe around, but I think it must be that he feels better the more dogs he has around him. Also, Curly Joe is intimidated by large dogs. Jackson looked at him for a split second, and Curly fell over and exposed his belly to him.

If I can get them all to stand still long enough, I'll take a picture of all three boys lined up by height. We have stackable dogs, almost!

Big brother



1 comment:

designerd said...

I think Samus is like Tank. He was happy when we adopted Sheba, but he is on cloud 9 with Brisco (as he was with Curly Joe).

I think they live longer when they have a pack.