Monday, November 24, 2008

Get to the part where you pee!

Last night, we had Early Thanksgiving at my ma's. I don't normally celebrate this holiday (for several reasons), but my mom is going to be in Florida for Christmas, so we kind of threw both holidays together and celebrated early. Plus, she's going to spend Thanksgiving with her friends, eating normal, non-vegan food. (Sis and I, since I have the day off of work, are going to the zoo. I wouldn't normally patronize a zoo because it kills me seeing those beautiful creatures in cages, but it's free on Thanksgiving as a thank you to Portlanders for voting to pass a measure to improve living conditions at the zoo. I really want to see Samudra.)

Anyway, Sis was teasing the dogs by talking to them through an empty paper towel tube, and this is what happened when Curly Joe got too excited:




4 comments:

Adoresixtyfour said...

Even though you celebrated Thanksgiving early, I hope you & sis enjoy your trip to the zoo. And give the puppies a hug for me!

turtle tracks said...

Thank you, Ed. Many puppy hugs were exchanged in your honor. Of course, this caused Curly Joe to become overexcited and he jumped on Tank's head.

The zoo was depressing, but I do love seeing the animals. Tons of people there, which I stupidly wasn't expecting. Shouldn't they all have been home eating dead birds?

Adoresixtyfour said...

They had already eaten their dead birds and needed to walk it off.

I know what you mean about zoos, though. The last one I went to was in Fort Worth, where saw two of the saddest sights ever: An elephant picking a huge timber up with its trunk and hurling it down in apparent anger; and a white tiger in its enclosure pacing endlessly back and forth before the plexiglass.

turtle tracks said...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. What a world, what a world.